I Love Boosters (2026) - Written By Jaeden Noel
It's been a long eight years since we've last had a taste of a Boots Riley film. He left a huge impact with his 2018 film Sorry To Bother You, which was equally parts hilarious & zany as it was socially conscious. He now returns with his sophmore film I Love Boosters, starring Keke Palmer, Taylour Paige & Demi Moore. The film follows a group of "boosters" who use their fashion heists as a weapon in their attempt to revolutionize fashion in a multifaceted way. If that sounds vague I apologize, but I think one of the best parts of a Boots Riley film is the ability for it to take such sharp turns in narratives that will leave you laughing in confusion, but work so perfectly for the bigger picture. If I had to compare Boots to any filmmaker, it would be Gregg Araki. I believe there is no one that can combine such vibrant visuals, with urgent and socially present narrative. Every set in this film had me more impressed than the last. We fly through sets filled with popping colours and kooky set design, akin to something brought to life out of a Dr. Seuss book. Boots understands the feeling of chasing your dreams in a landscape that feels like its out to make you fail. He also understands that when we unify as one, we can achieve actual change through a clear call to action. If nothing, this film is bound to make you shed a tear of hope in this scary changing world.

Comments
Post a Comment